Actually, wordpress is a platform that is built with a good security framework, which is why it is used by millions of bloggers around the world. However, considering the many crimes in cyberspace today or what we often call cybercrime, the basic security embedded in the self-hosting wordpress blog platform will certainly not be enough to protect your wordpress blog, especially your blog already has quite a lot of visitors. Therefore, additional plugins are needed to increase the security of your wordpress blog that you love. that is why building wordpress blog security is as important as building on-page SEO. Here are my 5 best security plugins.
Wordfence Security Plugin
Wordfence is the most installed security plugin on wordpress.org, with an active installer reaching 1.7 million websites with a rating of 4.9 out of 5. I myself am a user of wordfence and personally really help me in monitoring the security of my favorite wordpress blog. Wordfence is also available in a pro version, but I myself only use free, because the free ones are really good, especially the pro ones hehe. Here are some features that can be enjoyed if you install this wordfence security plugin:
- Log Insecurity – with this feature you can set the number of times the error has logged in attempts from an IP, provide monitoring data for the username that has been tried to enter your wordpress along with the IP address, and can provide alerts to the email if you have logged in to a suspicious IP…
- WordPress FireWall – this feature can block malicious bots (fake google bot), prevent hackers from scanning blow WordPress, and prevent visitors from injecting spam software, or other malicious software.
- Security Scanning – Scanning of wordfence can scan and secure blog WordPress from 44,000 types of malware, suspicious code, trojans, and heuristics of backdoors
- Compatible with IPv6 – Wordfence is compatible with IPv6, so you don’t need to be afraid and hesitate for friends who use IPv6
- And there are many more interesting features from this plug-in
For friends who are interested in installing this plugin, it can be downloaded here
ITheme Security Plugin
ITheme (previously Better WP security) is one of the most well-known security plugins in the wordpress plugin with 700,000 + active installations and a user rating of 4.7 of 5. Itheme is very user friendly to use. ITheme offers 30 methods to secure and monitor your wordpress.
The advantage of Itheme is that it can scan entire blogs, always gives warnings if there are gaps that are vulnerable to being hacked or attacked by viruses in wordpress blog files, and can automatically destroy suspicious files such as viruses and malware. Itheme can also ban IPs from trying to perform brute-force attacks. The downside of other plugins is that it doesn’t have the GEO Ip banning feature. For those who are interested in installing the Itheme plugin, you can download it here: Itheme Download Plugin
All in One WP Security Plugin and FireWall
All in one is a wordpress security plugin which is very easy to use and also has good support because it has a forum for all its users. All in One WP Security currently has 300,000+ active installs with a rating of 4.8 0f 5. What stands out even more about this plugin is that it has a more complete firewall feature, has wp-config & htaccess backup features, and spam security comments. The following are complete details regarding the features and services available in the All in One WP Security plugin.
- User Account & login Security: This feature can detect username names that are easily detected by hackers and replace them automatically with a username that is more secure for you, can provide tools to create stronger passwords, instantly block IP addresses that try to log in with the wrong username, prevents brute force logins, is able to add captcha features to login forms, and has a whitelist IP address feature so it can prevent logins from other IP addresses.
- Database Security – secures your wordpress blog database by automatically scheduling database backups, creating email notification backups, and also creating instant backups with just one click
- Htaccess and Wp-config backup – can easily backup original wp-config and htaccess files with just a few clicks on your Wp dashboard
- File System Security – With the file system security from the all in one security plugin, you can create any wordpress file that is locked with a password and can also lock PHP files so that they cannot be edited by others.
- Firewall – As I explained earlier, this plugin has more advanced firewall features than other plugins. it can block fake google bots, block access to debug log files, prevent comments with a proxy, disable trace and track, have a 5G blacklist feature, can prevent hotlink photos from being taken by other websites, Deny bad or malicious query strings, and so on.
- Anti Copy Paste – This feature can prevent right-clicking on your website so that your website visitors cannot copy and paste the original content that you have been tired of creating.
- Comment SPAM Security and Scanner: with this feature, you no longer need to install the Akismet plugin, and it is also equipped with a wordpress scanner schedule so that your wordpress is always clean from various kinds of viruses, malware, and so on. Download All In One Security
Sucuri Security Plugin
If you are more focused on malware and virus scanners, then this plugin is perfect for you. Currently, Sucuri has 200,000+ and has a rating of 4.7 of 5. The features offered by Sucuri include security activity auditing, file integrity monitoring, malware scanning, blacklist monitoring, and a website firewall. It incorporates various blacklist engines including Google Safe Browsing, Sucuri Labs, Norton, McAfee Site Advisor, and more to check your website. It can also provide a warning via email if something suspicious happens or there are several virus/malware files on your wordpress blog.
The advantage of Sucuri is that it is equipped with basic DDOS attack defense security features, brute force attacks, and a firewall. Sucuri also offers Sucuri Pro so you can enjoy all premium features such as a premium support team service that can control your wordpress blog for 24 hours straight. Download Secure Security